Still alive! I got astonishingly little done over the holidays. Well, not that astonishing, I guess, if you are at all familiar with my work ethic. As far as holidays go, the past few weeks have been great, very refreshing. We threw a fantastic New Year’s Party. We played a massive amount of Rock Band. Pictures are up at my Facebook account, which as far as I can tell you can’t see unless you are a member. Oh well.
It’s my turn to provide prompts for the Writer’s Ink monthly prompt contest. I nearly forgot! So I whipped these up:
– Write a story in which a child saves the world
– Write a story using at least three of the following objects: an umbrella, a priceless Buddha statue, a broken phone, a train, a tapestry, a monocle
– Begin a story with the following: “I wish someone had told me…”
– Write a story about something that annoys you
– Write a story about several characters trapped in one of the following: a disabled elevator, a sinking submarine, caved-in mine shaft, damaged spacecraft, ancient catacombs, someone else’s body (interpret that one however you want!)
I’ll be coming up with more later. I may work on one or two of these today, as it appears work is dead.
Trades purchased with Barnes & Noble Christmas gift card: Umbrella Acadamy: Apocalypse Suite, Conan Vol 1, The Frost Giant’s Daughter and other stories